Monday, August 14, 2006

Too Cool For School

Well I had a lovely day today, sitting out in the garden at a friends house drinking wine and playing with their beautiful 9 month old daughter who seemed delighted with my present of a large stuffed pink unicorn. Although she did seem more interested with the label than the toy, but she's only a baby and unbearably cute with it.

Anyway this has left me with very little of real interest to blog about.

What to do, what to do?

That is, until I remembered something I saw on my internet travels. Ladies and Gentlemen enjoy...






Yes, it IS the Flaming Lips, it IS Beverly Hills 90210 and it ISN'T a piss take like Weezer's (rather excellent) Happy Days video. And yes, they really are playing She Don't Use Jelly.

What larks!



4 comments:

Billy said...

Yay! I love this clip.

Is it just me, or is the third verse rather, well, rubbish? Girl spreading vaseline on toast, good. Man blowing his nose on magazines, great. Girl dying her hair with tangerines, not so impressive.

realdoc said...

O I saw this earlier and now its gone. The youtube clip disappeared from bluecat as well. Do they come after you if you post stuff from there then.

iLL Man said...

Billy, I disagree. It's the second verse that lets it down for me. I mean, anyone can blow their nose on a magazine. Ok, maybe you wouldn't want to, but come the day and theres nothing in the house to wipe the bogies on.....

Put it this way, i've never seen or heard of someone using 'Real Orange' to dye their hair, so I'd say it was a pretty impressive feat.

I love the blonde guy. Yeah man! that alternative music sure is damn fine and groovy daddio-oh!

Billy said...

Ill Man, I think it's the forced rhyme of 'orange' with 'store'.