Friday, July 14, 2006

25 First Lines Music Quiz - The Results!

Well done everyone, only three lines which weren't answered at all! I've filled in the remaining answers in green for anyone who is curious.

And the winner is... (drum roll)....

  • Poe - with 9 correct answers!!!
  • Chuffy! - with 4 correct answers!
  • Billy - with 3 correct answers!
  • Minion - with 3 correct answers!
  • Skeadugenga - with 3 correct answers!

Special mentions for Patroclus and Annie, who came, saw, but didn't quite conquer this time.

Huzzah to you all! Well done, no prizes I'm afraid, but bask in the glory of your incredible musical knowledge all you want.

Oh and for anyone who was wondering, since I never got an answer, Smirkenorff was the name of the dragon in the TV show Knightmare.

Also, I've had a couple of queries from online friends and that IS me in the picture, no stunt double required. Well who else would it be?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not being young enough for Knightmare, I googled Smirkenoff, so I knew but didn't post it. Do I get an honourable mention for being honourable?

patroclus said...

Oo, nice work, POE et al! Curse my taste in fey indie nonsense. Must listen to more proper rock songs immediately.

Heather said...

Oh I like fey indie nonsense too Patroclus, not quite as much as you do though! Or maybe it's that my version of fey indie is just a bit more mainstream than yours?

Skeadugenga you do get an honourable mention, as does Lynsey and Rabid Badger. Yes, you all cheated and you all googled Smirkenorff, but none of you gave the game away.Credit to you ladies and badger.

Melissa said...

I'm rubbish at quizzes :-( Can you make it a badger quiz next time? Maybe I'd be better at that.

Heather said...

Maybe Badger, can I just say that I love your picture, it's absolutely fantastic. Pirate badgers, that's the way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Heather I missed your quiz and I knew some drat. Love the sultry new pic by the way.

Badger that pic is classic

Melissa said...

Yep, it's Cp'n Jack Badger. There just aren't enough pirate badgers in the world. I'm in the process of making some other famous faces more "badger", too. Soon we will all be large and furry.

Heather said...

Poe: it was quite a majestic feat in quizzing. I'm certain you'll be able to equal and exceed that performance in future.

The old picture was also of me, so not that much of a change really. I think it's the sepia which is causing the confusion.

Piratey Badgery One: Soon we will all be large and furry? If so can I be excluded? I quite like being small and fur free, and I've never really been into following trends.

Melissa said...

Not all hair is on the outside.

'Tis true though; if we were all badgers then badgers would be boring. Like people. Only more badger. Ok, I retract my furry statement. A moment of badgerness. I was giving in too much to the badgery side. I mean to say if I was a badger (which I am, erm...am I digging myself a badgery hole?), I would want everyone to be badgers, so I could have some badger friends. But I was born to be an outsider, so outside this badger will stay. Except I'll be inside, I prefer the cool earth on these hot summer nights.

Any questions?:-)

Melissa said...

I have no aversion to other woodland animals, as long as they observe basic badger etiquette.

Are you a hedgehog?

The meaning of life? Life is rather meaningless. Eat worms, sleep when the shiny ball rises... avoid entanglements with foreign bodies (evil animals who hurt me - see, people can be mean).