Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Children Of The Night.

Well, I've gone and done it again.
.
Yes, once more I have succeeded in freaking out my fellow commuters.
.
Sitting on the bus, headphones in listening to the Best Of Kate Bush.
Hounds of love came on.
.
"Tra la la la la", in my head.
.
"Ow ow ow ow" doggy hounds of love sounds in my head...
.
...or not so much.
.
Yes, dear readers I succeeded in singing the doggy barking noises out for the whole bus to hear.
.
This incident may have proved just how nuts I am, but exactly how mad is the woman who came up with the woofy song in the first place?
.
This has all brought to mind a tale I was once told by a very reputable source. This is for Molly Bloom and Rock Mother...


Kate Bush is in the recording studio with her session musicians working on an
album. Arseing about her bassist says "aww, go and put the kettle on love". She agrees and pootles on out not to return for hours.


Suddenly she makes her entrance.


Dressed as a giant tea pot.


Saying, "I asked for a kettle but this was all they had".



They say that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.
.
That woman walks it like a tightrope.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to find the line.
.

3 comments:

realdoc said...

She is just the best thing ever. I love that story.

iLL Man said...

I have never listened to Kate Bush, I must admit. There are however two cover versions of Kate Bush songs that I really liked. The Futureheads did a rather ace version of Hounds Of Love and many moons back, a 2nd division UK indie punk band called China Drum did a version of Wuthering Heights that I adored.....

I have no idea what all that means with regard to Kate Bush as an artist.

Ace story though. Methinks it was more like an elabourate way of telling the bass player to take a flying feck to himself.

cello said...

Some people will go to any lengths to avoid making their round of tea.