Bloomin 'eck!! It's been a while since I posted on here.
Oh busyness abounds at the moment, between work and my housemate's birthday celebrations over the last few days, I have become exceedingly confuzzled. I keep thinking it is Tuesday.
I am still trying to recover from Friday nights frivolities, which may or may not have included me drinking a litre of Jack Daniels and my housemate falling on his arse on the front lawn. I'll bet the neighbours loved us on Saturday morning.
Given my current inability to move from the comfort of the sofa I have been catching up with my essential viewing (Including Rock Star Supernova- but more on that later)
In honour of my movie watching ways I thought I would tell you my top 25 reasons to get excited and get your bums into your local cinema over the next year.
- Pirates of The Caribbean II is out now. Not quite as good as the first, but still fantastic popcorn movie fun.
- Superman Returns: Wow! Very, very good. Not a film for the kiddies though.
- Snakes On A Plane (August 18th) : The title says it all really. If you haven't heard about this film then where the hell have you been for the last year muthaf**kers!?
- Monster House. (Aug 11th) : The Goonies for a whole new generation.
- Pan's Labyrinth (Oct 15th) : Ooh it looks good (scary) but good!
- The Last Kiss (Oct 20th) Zach Braff returns to the big screen.
- The Departed (Nov 10th) Scorsese does gangster again.
- The Prestige (Nov 10th) Director Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins) brings to life a book by the author of Memento about two battling 19th Century stage magicians. Starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Micheal Caine and Scarlett Johansson. Am I looking forward to this? Damn skippy I am.
- Tenacious D The Movie (Nov 17th) : I can't wait to see what they've done.
- Clerks 2 (Nov) : If it's half as good as Clerks I'll be a happy bunny.
- Eragon (Dec) : Fantasy about a boy and a dragon. Loved the book, hope the film is as good. Sickeningly the book was written by a 15 year old. Bah!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D: This doesn't need much of an explanation does it?
- Night at The Museum (Jan '07): High hopes for this one. Cast: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Robin Williams, Dick Van Dyke and Ricky Gervais. Plot: Stiller gets a night shift job at the local museum. All is well until the exhibits start coming to life after dark.
- Hot Fuzz ('07) : Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright return.
- Rocky VI ('07) : It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of your rivals!
- The Number 23 ('07) : Jim Carrey does serious again.
- Ghost Rider ('07) : Another comic book adap, looks promising.
- Stardust ('07) : Magic, fairytales and Robert De Niro.
- Shrek The Third (Summer '07) : More Shrek.
- Transformers (Summer '07) : My favourite childhood cartoon characters (well, tied with Thundercats) get another big screen outing. Whether it will compete with the original Transformers: The Movie is debatable. "Soundwave inferior, Optimus Prime superior" Sob! That line gets me every time. Poor crappy Soundwave.
- Ratatouille (Summer '07) : Pixar returns and Brad Bird is back on board, Hoorah!!
- Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix ( Summer '07) : Ok, so I hated the last one. It was my favourite book and they butchered it and created a steaming pile of cinematic crap. Will I be boycotting the 5th film? Hell no.
- Spiderman 3 (Summer '07) : Oh I love the Spiderman films! This time he's facing Venom, Sandman, Green Goblin II and another unnamed mystery villain. Oh and yet another Bruce Campbell cameo to look forward to.
- Pirates of The Caribbean III (Summer '07) : More Captain Jack Sparrow to buckle our swashes. Steady ladies, steady.
- The Simpsons (summer '07) : Finally Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa et al, foray onto the big screen. Dear god I hope it lives up to expectations.
* Jean-Luc Godard on cinema.